Friday, May 26, 2006

Feeling Better

I have spent the last 10 days not running. I think I feel better. No pain for days so my hopes are running high. It is time to put the past behind me and focus on my new goal - the Wineglass Marathon on October 1st.

To work out some strength issues, I'll be running speed and hills along with my long run weekly until the the 2nd week of July. With this in mind, I cornered my friend Eric as he came by the house to pick up his daughter. Two winters ago, we ran some good hills and speed together. It's time to do it again. He agreed to meet Monday for the initial hill workout and we'll take it from there. Eric is good to join me on these runs. He pushes me to work harder and doesn't let me slack off.

So tomorrow will be the kick off with something easy. I am hoping the legs respond appropriately without the major pain from two weeks ago. However, just thinking about running gives my legs cramps. But I am glad to be contemplating my return to training.

18 weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Welcome back Andrew. I'm certain the rest did you some good - likely just what you needed.

5/26/2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hope the rest did you good and all goes well with your training.

5/27/2006 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home