Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Little Progress

I ran 6.4 miles tonight slowly and the leg didn't tighten up once. Very good. This week has seen some progress. My approach seems to be the right balance - no high singles just yet and I'm running the daily double (one of the runs at a slow recovery pace).

Sunday I did the two 5.2 milers as I mentioned last time.
Monday I did 5.2 recovery in the morning followed by 6.4 miles with some at MP (6:40 pace according to the heart rate) at lunch on the treadmill.
Tuesday saw 5.2 in the morning at recovery pace with slight leg tightening and 5.8 'low aerobic' on the treadmill at lunch (7:30 pace or so). (No leg tightening)
Wednesday was a rest day. I am going to do 3 days on / rest / 3 days on / rest for a little while to help with the recovery.

And today in addition to this evening's easy 6.4, I did 5xhill this morning as my quality workout.

No leg problems today at all. Tomorrow is an easy day. I'll probably do my recovery run in the morning followed by a 'low aerobic' run at lunchtime on the treadmill (if my work schedule permits). Things are busy these days and it's tough to know precisely when the workouts will get in.

I'm going to go a few weeks (I think) without pressing the high mileage in singles. Basically keep my workouts to 45 minutes to 1 hour. Hopefully this will naturally lengthen with ease before I know it and without strain. Boy, what a joy to run without pain.

5 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

All right Andrew! This sounds like real progress so play it smart and no racing for a bit, right? Take care now...

6/29/2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Sounds like improvement to me. It's been hard for you.

6/30/2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger MB said...

knock off the "hard training" and take it easy until you get two solid weeks of running.
Easy meaning moderate heart rate, no hills, tempo, track, etc. The idea is to build your mileage, endurance and most importantly recovery.
Since you ran ROC 2006 it's been plaguing injuries for you. If you keep doing the same ridiculous training you will not break the cycle and end up with false improvement and a crappy marathon in the fall.

7/01/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger D said...

No pain...awesome!

7/05/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're running without pain. That's awesome.

7/06/2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home