Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Now I Remember

You know you have running issues when you can't remember what the last marathon you ran was.

I checked... it was PEI in 2008. How did so much time go by??

Nevertheless, I decided a week ago that I will run the Cape Cod Marathon again this fall. And drew up the plan to make it happen. That got me thinking about my last marathon and that got me worried because I couldn't remember which marathon was my last. And that got me worried that I was losing my mind.

And then I went for a run. And realized I had lost my speed too. And gained weight. All bad.
I've got 26 weeks. We can make the turn-around.

So Day 2 of Week 1 this morning. Easy 45 minutes. Yesterday I ran an hour.

I've been running off and on. Here and there. But no direction. But the plan is good, long, and looks like fun.

Congrats to Mark B. and Jamie and Austin for their good races yesterday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Wow, it's been a while. Good luck on a new start.

4/19/2011 12:46 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

PEI, no kidding? I'm already signed up for MDI. Boyden long runs coming up soon?

4/19/2011 6:19 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congrats on finding your mojo again!

4/19/2011 6:49 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Looking forward to your return to kicking arse. Welcome back.

4/19/2011 10:11 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Yes, Boyden runs again. Please!

4/22/2011 10:10 AM  
Blogger MB said...

glad to see it!

4/25/2011 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home