Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Slow getting started

Seems I start then stop - sometimes due to injury and other times due to life. Hopefully I've started again. Ran an easy hour yesterday on the rail to trail in Machias. It felt good to be out. There's been a few runs since the last post as the runningahead.com sidebar shows but nothing too much.

Went on a nice hike up Mt. Washington last Saturday. Well, nice in the sense I like to hike. Otherwise what a whirl of wind at the top coupled with hard rain. Got soaked - and at 6000 feet that means a little cold too. Changed the route down to get below the treeline the quickest way. It all worked out. Here are some photos:









4 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Nice pictures! Don't stop now...

6/29/2010 6:57 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Looks like a great place for a hike - very Pacific Northwest ;) Good time to get started now summer is kicking in up there.

Nice post and photos... took me a while to read though - for a moment I thought I was looking at Thomas's blog.

6/30/2010 3:19 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Nice job, Andrew. That's definitely a fun (and interesting) mountain. Hope your comeback trail continues along as planned.

6/30/2010 7:25 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

welcome back. been wondering what you were up to. hope all is well. can't be going too bad if you're running 11 and 9.7. makes me feel like i need to toughen up on myself!

7/01/2010 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home