Monday, September 21, 2009

Coyotes Calling

Work related issues have brought me down. 

 

I ran once last week and that was yesterday with Mike for 17 miles.  The run got me going again and I did 12.7 this morning under an amazing canopy of stars and planets.

 

I left the house at 3:50am and just after the initial mile I heard the eeriest sound: coyotes calling to each other.  One just in the woods to the left of me and the other obviously further down the road where I had to pass.  Add pitch darkness and you get that old creepy feeling.  I’ve heard the barking and the yipping before on a run but never the call.  I’d rather not hear that again.

 

Well, I wasn’t mistaken for a deer and taken down by the pack.  I guess that’s good.

 

My legs are sore, I’m past the peak, and it looks like the marathon will be postponed.  Just add this to the list of other things weighing me down.

 

On the bright side, I think I’ll buck up and keep running in spite of it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

That was a fantastic 17 we did! Best run in months for me ;-) What about a quick trip to PEI?

9/21/2009 8:50 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

sorry work is being overbearing. if only we were all independently wealthy...

heard you had pulled out of the race. that's a bummer, but you know yourself best and i know you wouldn't want to 'half-ass' it.

9/22/2009 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home