Monday, July 27, 2009

Hot Cold Recovery

I knew today would be an aggressive recovery day since I dreamt I had a sore foot.  And when I awoke, I did.  So prior to the run I iced it and soaked it in hot water.  Then I ran an easy 2 miles in 20+ minutes and then repeated the care.  The soreness is on the left side of the left foot midway toward the little toe extending to the toe itself.  It’s been sore ever since I changed to these shoes.  So I think all the miles in these shoes are the culprit.  It hurts mainly when running slowly and hardly noticeable with a good pace on.  All part of the fun of training.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

114 miles is quite a bit, i can imagine having a few aches today. hopefully the extra light day will be a sufficient rest for the ol' foot.

7/27/2009 10:23 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Like I said, you need a pair of slow shoes so the fast ones can have a rest!

7/27/2009 6:58 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Consign the shoes to "gardening"! Not worth running in shoes that might cause an injury.

7/28/2009 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home