Sunday, May 31, 2009

Long Run Lonesome 3

I sure miss Mike.

This morning the schedule was calling for a 2 hr 45 min workout. After having run this time length a couple of times so far this cycle, I can say it qualifies as a long run. In fact, I think my 2 hr 30 min runs qualify also. There is something about going beyond 2 hrs 15 mins that seems to put the work in workout.

Nevertheless, I was startled this morning when I opened the little pocket calendar I use as my logbook / schedule and saw 165 minutes staring up from the page. I was expecting to see 135 minutes. I don't know why, it just got into my head today was a 2 hr 15 min run. But I was feeling pretty good having slept in and when I got going a nice easy pace just flowed out of the legs.

I ran the first 10 in 1:19:30 (7:57 pace) and ran the 2nd 10 in 1:12:56 (7:18 pace). A cooldown finished out the time for a total of 21.2 miles.

This afternoon I went out with my daughters and marked the Cobscook 10k course for next Saturday's race.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Mike misses the long runs too but couldn't keep up with those paces! Glad you found a helped.

5/31/2009 7:43 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

According to Pete Pfitzinger everything from 18 miles onwards qualifies as long run.

Personally, I count the longest run of the week as my long run as long as it is over 15 miles.

That's some serious mileage your doing at the moment.

6/01/2009 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home