Friday, May 29, 2009

Atmospheric collision

I witnessed an interesting sight this morning at around 4:45am.  At about 3.75 miles into my run, I was crossing the first causeway when I glanced to my right and saw the sky burning red over Deer Island.  The sun was muscling its way through some thick clouds that were streaming east.  I glanced to the west and saw the rest of the weather system bearing down hard.  The wind picked up and some raindrops started to fall.  Looked to the right and red was deepening.  Looked to the left and the clouds had picked up speed.  In less than a minute there was a colossal collision and the sky exploded.

 

Into rainbows.

 

The bows shot into the sky and landed everywhere.  I was right beneath God’s laser show.  It didn’t last long.  The evil cloud cover smothered the sun.  And while it threatened to rain some more, the clouds didn’t recover and the rest of my run was dry.

 

Today’s run consisted of two quality hours.  I ran an even pace around 6:57 per mile. I got in 17 miles and then a short cool down.  Total ~ 17.15 miles.

 

Felt great.

4 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Are you sure the explosion wasn't from your explosive speed today? Looking great for Cobscook!

5/29/2009 1:51 PM  
Blogger MB said...

impressive run, I had to read the pace twice, :-)

5/29/2009 3:17 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Great run Andrew - 17 under 7 is one impressive workout!

5/29/2009 6:19 PM  
Blogger Ernesto Burden said...

I think I would have been seeing strange phenomena in the sky just from being up and running that early - and running at that pace that early! My early morning runs all feel like I'm running on rusted springs!

5/31/2009 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home