Sunday, March 22, 2009

Driving on thin ice

Perhaps it wasn't that thin after all, but Mike & I watched a Chevy Blazer drive out onto Boyden Lake this morning and motor across. I watched and watched afraid that I might see it suddenly splash in. But it didn't. The ice fishermen must know how thick the ice is, but for me it doesn't seem like a good idea to drive onto a frozen lake after days of mid-40 temps.

A good run is one that ends well. The first nine miles were sort of struggle for me. I didn't feel all that well but I finally came around on the 2nd half when I took my own version of a gel - a piece of white bread. It did the trick and I felt better from then on.

Only two more long runs with Mike before he heads to Boston for his 10th running of the Boston Marathon. Then I'm on my own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

I was afraid to look and jink them.

3/23/2009 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home