Sunday, March 15, 2009

Delivery Confirmation

A nice 20 mile run with Mike this morning. It's been awhile since we've done 20. It felt good to hit nosebleed mileage in a workout again.

I am hoping my winter blues are on the fade. I've been leaning on friends to get out there. Tuesday and Thursdays are locked in with Eric expecting me at 5:30. And Sundays, of course, with Mike. The rest of the week is hit or miss with motivation rather low.

But today I felt really good. The legs got sore on the run but I didn't mind. Mike had a blind moment at the coffee shop after the run. He was wearing his Blues Brothers prescription shades and was like a blind man at the coffee counter. I'm still chuckling.

The long run spawned a short five mile run this afternoon. Got out for a refreshing leg stretcher around 5:30pm. The first mile was rather stiff but everything loosened up by mile 2 and I felt pretty good and glad to be out there.

But it wasn't just me out there. Either it's a Sunday tradition that I've missed, or somebody just brought a bale in. I counted four cars driving around town with the marijuana smoke just pouring out. I'm surprised I wasn't light headed by the time I got home. So whoever sent the package, I can confirm your customers received it and were happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

I was going blind due to the lack of coffee. Nice 2nd run too!

3/15/2009 9:21 PM  
Blogger RUN2Z4tYUNG1 said...

Those boys in cars bad. You strong muscles. Why run so far? Do get tired? Back home only run far if somone steal car. I try triathalon..but I get tired..maybe just try athalon. Be good keep strong and take easy on Mike..his legs tired and like bad joke Do he run with cane or walker I think call?.

3/15/2009 9:26 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Well done with both runs! Perhaps Snoop Dog is in town..

3/15/2009 10:12 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Niamh would argue that there is no such thing as a nice 20 mile run, but well done all the same, especially with the second run. Don't be tempted by drugs, you might get tested one day (it might explain your 3 hours marathon on virtually no training, though)

3/16/2009 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home