Sunday, March 01, 2009

Jog and a Joke

It's not often someone actually asks for a bad joke. It's even rarer when it's called for on command.

But today that's exactly what happened.

It was early in the run when Mike looked like he needed a pick-me-up. So I threw him a light one. And soon after, while we were struggling up a steep hill, I told him a long one. He actually thanked me.

Today was my day.

As it happened, at the base of every hill Mike would command me to tell another joke. And I kept him supplied for 18 miles. What are friends for?

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Maybe you should put your joked on a podcast so that we can download them and get the same privileges as Mike does week in-week out.

Dragging someone along for 18 miles. Now that is real friendship.

3/02/2009 7:51 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Now how did the long joke start? I know it was a long steep hill but my memory was/is short. Unforgettable run!

3/02/2009 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home