Monday, March 23, 2009

Close call at mile 6

I could hear the cold north wind blowing this morning when I got up and I didn't think I was going to particularly enjoy today's run. But surprisingly it turned out better than I thought.

Ran an average 8:03 pace and felt pretty good after a couple of miles. The wind was a factor but for once I wasn't overdressed and stayed warm but not too warm. The last five miles was the easiest with the wind at my back.

I was startled by a walker at 6 mile mark. It was pitch dark, very early, and he (she?) wasn't wearing anything reflective. I didn't realize the person was walking toward me on the side of the road until I was upon him. Two feet to the left and I would have taken him out.

4 Comments:

Blogger balokrop said...

Hi Andrew!

You have a nice blog here. As you are interested in chess - wellcome to visit: http://www.chessgambiter.blogspot.com

Free chessbook downloads, game analisis...

Chessgambiter

3/23/2009 5:47 AM  
Blogger Grellan said...

You should have taken them out anyway for startling you like that.

How many miles did you run?

3/23/2009 10:23 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

10 miles... I forgot to add that.

3/23/2009 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes all winter to figure out the right mix of layers for the weather and then spring comes.

Every year it's the same thing.

3/24/2009 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home