Saturday, July 05, 2008

No sleep, beautiful sunrise

60 minute recovery this morning as the rising sun lit up the remains of Eastport's biggest bash. I ran through trash and beer strewn all over the streets. I ran past sailors making their way back to their ship. I ran past people passed out in their cars. Quiet like the 5th of July.

My cell phone let me down this morning. Actually it is more of a cell clock than a cell phone. In addition to our annual 4th of July celebration, Eastport is known for one other distinction: no cell service. My phone bounces between a U.S. tower and a Canadian one. Both aren't useable to make a call unless you are in a special sweet spot. However, this bouncing between towers also makes the clock keep changing time zones. When I went to bed, I was in the Eastern time zone. Unfortunately, I awoke in the Atlantic timezone - an hour early. I'll be tired tonight.

~6.7 miles. Felt great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Yes, get you sleep for Sunday morning's run! cya!

7/05/2008 12:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Time to get an actual alarm clock?

7/05/2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Those Canadians and their wacky time zones!

7/05/2008 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home