Thursday, June 26, 2008

Let the run play out

Yesterday I thought I might do some pick-ups during my run. They would be of varying length and unstructured. But after a three mile easy jog the plan changed as I felt the legs were not entirely recovered from Tuesday's faster pace. I'm trying to behave myself and not do workouts that accumulate stress on the body where I end of missing (or jogging) another marathon.

So I ran how I felt which was slower than Tuesday's run but I was pleased to have the pace quicken near the end. It's funny how the legs just take over and fall into the pace that is best if you just let it happen.

~11 miles. Felt good. Nice weather.

And happy birthday to Chesty Puller - the most decorated Marine in history.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." - Chesty Puller

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry said...

I think your new strategy is going to find you at the starting line in great shape and ready to run a good race.

6/26/2008 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home