Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Focus Run

Today was a hard workout and I'm going to enjoy an easy run tomorrow.

After an initial first mile in 9:36, I ran another 11 miles at an average 6:39 pace. I cooled down with another easy mile.

On this workout I had to focus one mile at a time to keep my form and pace smooth. The slowest mile was 6:59 up a hill around mile 10 and I had a couple of ~6:20's on some flat stretches. I felt good for the most part but I had to focus more and more as the workout progressed. Most of the miles were right around the average pace give or take a few seconds.

Really pleased that this work got done. Now I can enjoy the rest of the day.

90 minutes, ~12.9 miles

4 Comments:

Blogger Garry said...

Nice run! Now the rest day is extra important after an effort like that,

7/01/2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Hard, easy..., don't forget, eh? Have a great day!

7/01/2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

We'll be watching to make sure tomorrow is easy. That may require another focus run on your part, focusing on easy, of course.

Great run, by the way. I am going to check the calendar and see if I can squueze in the International 5 miler, bringing the whole family for the weekend. I'll let you know soon...

7/01/2008 11:16 AM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

Beautiful. You continue to be an inspiration. I'm looking for your upcoming marathon...am I missing it on your blog?

7/01/2008 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home