Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Irving Burning

I knew today's run would be cut short the moment I stepped onto the street. I almost fell.

Ice ice ice. I could barely run down the street for fear of falling but finally got a grip heading up the hill. So I plodded along until I reached the main road where I had hoped for dry pavement. No go.

It was just as icy and and it reflected all the yellow, blue, and red lights flashing madly a quarter mile down the road. The Irving was burning.

A gas station on fire is dangerous with all the propane and large fuel tanks of explosive liquid on site. So naturally I got as close as I could. There are going to be some seriously grumpy people this morning. Where are they going to get their muffin and coffee?

I stood there with the local grocery store manager. He said he ought to get back to the store and make some sandwiches. Otherwise there'll be a riot.

After awhile I turned around and went home to check on my woodstove.

1.4 miles. 29 minutes. 94 HR.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

That is just nuts!!!

2/06/2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger Grellan said...

Great to get the HR under 100.

2/06/2008 3:09 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

"A gas station on fire is dangerous with all the propane and large fuel tanks of explosive liquid on site. So naturally I got as close as I could."

You are too much!

2/07/2008 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home