Thursday, January 31, 2008

Right leg worries

In keeping with rest & recovery (or as Marc says, Reduce & Recover), I went out for a short stretch of the legs this morning. I'm feeling better overall with less fatigue and a little more snap. But.... I was surprised at how much my right leg ached - a little more than usual. Perhaps it wasn't warmed up sufficiently. It hurt worse when I finished - nothing acute or specific, just an overall ache from the knee up the quad, but it's bad enough to frown.

Let's all frown together.

2.3 miles @ 7:58 pace. 138 HR.
Massage tonight.

8 Comments:

Blogger . said...

I suffered with a right quad problem last year... it only really affected me when I was doing speed training or if I lay on my right side at night.

The massage is the way forward. My physio used to properly hurt me when he was working the quad, so much so that you would be cursing at him during it... he said he gets it all the time!

Good luck with it, hopefully it'll clear up soon

1/31/2008 6:17 AM  
Blogger MB said...

frowning's been my middle name all month

1/31/2008 6:34 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

I think January has been cursed for many of us. Hope it goes away soon.

1/31/2008 7:43 AM  
Blogger Garry said...

I use my Trigger Point massager daily and that thing really helps. For a hundred bucks I can manage my leg issues daily. Might be worth a try.

1/31/2008 9:32 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

:-( chin up guy, it's only a bump in the road. Sunday long is probably out then?

1/31/2008 6:06 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi Andrew - I've been following your blog for a while. Hope you're feeling better very soon!

1/31/2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger Ruslan said...

Good Luck Andrew! What if for some period you try only Easy & Light workouts (incl Long one) - it won't lead you to 2:45 race, but possible result is not the end in itself this time. Recover well anyway

2/04/2008 12:20 AM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Funny I haven't visited for a bit and I find we both have an ailing right leg. May the curse on your right leg and mine be lifted soon.

2/04/2008 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home