Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The 12 miles of Christmas

I was prepared for a day off so when I got the green light for a run I was out the door before you could say "Hey, I like those new shoes!"

Tuesday is a hard day and the weather couldn't have been better with temps at 40F, dry pavement, and a wind out of the west (which means a tailwind during the last half). I wore shorts, ball cap, gloves, and brand new Saucony Fastwitch running shoes.

It was just about noon when I got out there and I was feeling good from the start. I always start at a crawl but I knew things were going to go my way when I was feeling easy and strong as I approached the first mile marker. By mile three I was pretty much in the groove and paying close attention to my form up and down the hills and, most importantly, against a steady west wind.

At mile 6 I turned and burned it back home feeling very, very good.

12 miles @ ~ 6:43 pace. 154 HR.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Blazin'! Merry Christmas!

12/25/2007 3:57 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

I like your title. Nice job and have a great holiday!

12/26/2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger MB said...

smokin! Your training continues to amaze me how well you are holding together. Is this the new Andrew?

12/26/2007 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home