Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Two Week Prep

I thought my blog would liven up after the two weeks of rest. But now after 3 days into week 1 of "prep" or active recovery as it were, I'm beginning to realize that this is pretty boring too.

The runs aren't boring - I'm really enjoying them. Especially after two weeks off (don't even talk to me about it). But running 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening just doesn't seem to warrant a post. But like the rest weeks, I have to muddle through the prep weeks too.

It's a good thing. My legs are already sore from running. Nothing bad, but it just tells me that I left a lot of my training on the streets of Corning, NY three Sundays ago. So I repeat: Core workouts: 30 mins / 60 mins alternating this week. Starting next Monday: 60 mins / 90 mins alternating ending with a 120 minute run a week from this Sunday. Supplemental running is 30 minutes daily in the evening.

So far so good. Running easily but the HR is a little higher than I would like. Oh well. I don't need it to be any particular number just now anyway. In fact, I'm 31 weeks out from the marathon. Plenty of time to let the training take its effect. I am truly looking forward to a very successful winter. It is going to be hard work but I am up for it and mentally prepared. My goal is challenging yet achievable. And to top it off, a new pair of shoes are on the way from National Runner Center. It's the Saucony Fastwitch shoes. I hope I like them. I have used up my Saucony Grid Azura i's. I have about 7 pair laying around - all worn out. The last two pair have been pressed into service after my NB 833's went kaput. I wouldn't buy another pair of those 833's. So back to Saucony.

A little update on Marc. He's not blogging right now, but I can tell you he's running. Very faithfully in fact. He's begun a new program of Lydiard style high mileage - about 85% of the Lydiard's suggested mileage. This level suits him - giving him plenty of stress without overdoing it. Since he must run fast to be happy, his hard days are all progression runs instead of a steady pace at MP. We'll turn to that the weeks just prior to the marathon. And his easy days? Finally under control! No more fast back to back. Thank goodness. This man will run a BQ after this winter's training.

All to report from Downeast Maine. Training:

Monday AM 3.7 miles 31:28
PM 3.7 miles 30:17

Tues AM 7.4 miles 1:00:11
PM 3.7 miles 30:23

Weds AM 3.9 miles 31:25
PM 3.7 miles 30:57

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/running/
check out the link of this RI weblog, this could be you someday!

Good luck in stickingwith your program :-)

10/19/2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Yeah right Andrew. My 2cents: 2 weeks of no running and now doubles every day? Enough said. Hope you make it to next weekend. Boyden on Sunday?

10/19/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

So you're influence is widespread! You have a club of sorts. cool.

10/20/2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home