Monday, January 19, 2009

Well now...



Early Saturday morning, somebody wrote:

"Sorry Andrew but..."

The message was accompanied by a dire temperature forecast for Saturday night. I immediately replied:

"I can't believe it! Is Joanne behind this?"

Somebody wasn't planning on showing up on Sunday for the long run. Somebody was going to leave me to run in the cold by myself. I had half a mind to conduct an intervention until Jon sent me the following:

"I really like windchill and aspire to a ridiculous case of frostbite... What do you say, Andrew, do you want to suffer on Sunday?"

So, with somebody missing, Jon and I met up at the usual spot Sunday morning. And the weather was gorgeous. Temps in the teens with a light snowfall gently settling on the road.

Somebody missed a fine run.



Sunday: 13 miles
Monday:10 miles (not so fine in a snowstorm / sleetstorm)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Nice workouts Andy. It was nice to run without all the cumbersome clothing. I had guessed that you had run as I thought that I had spotted your footprints.

1/19/2009 5:03 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

;=p yeah but you didn't mention that the light snow turned into a raging blizzard later on when I got out. Nice run!

1/19/2009 6:19 PM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

Wow. I'm really enjoying your blog now. Took me awhile to get used to no brown background, but with the added video and photos, it's a lot more fun.

1/20/2009 12:48 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Only 13?

You really did need the Commander out there.

1/20/2009 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home