Monday, December 01, 2008

Update

Running last week:

Last week: 6.1 miles. 3 miles on Tuesday, 3.1 Turkey Trot in 28:11 on Thursday. I've been tired, cold, and not very motivated.

Reading update for November:

War and Remembrance by Herman Wouk - Wonderful story, sequel to Winds of War.

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - Felt the need to read her books again. I generally wait until the new year but a quick look at the book log shows I skipped last year and I'm overdue.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - An old favorite.

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - Probably my least favorite of her books but once you are into the story it really smooths out.

In Secret Service by Mitch Silver - a paperback I picked up at Borders last Saturday when I took Meg in there to get a book. Fast paced, far fetched, and of no literary value whatsoever, it was a mindless break. Sometimes you need it. I overpaid at $7.99.

Ham Radio

Cleaned out the clutter from the home office and rediscovered my radios. Had some fun this weekend tinkering with antennas and radios. My blind try at a center loaded shortened 80 meter dipole didn't work out. Time to learn the math I guess, but it was a fun experiment anyway.

Work

What credit crunch? Crazy crazy crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Something tells me you did not treat the Turkey Trot as a race.

It sounds like you are mad busy though, running or no running.

12/02/2008 4:20 AM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

Did you run again yet?

12/04/2008 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home