Friday, December 19, 2008

Cold running in a cold economy

Ripped Eric from his planned workout this morning as we met going opposite directions at mile 6.5.  He kindly turned and ran the final 4.5 back with me into town.  Chilly at 22 degrees but the highway was clear of snow and the skies were clear.

 

Felt better in the 2nd half of the run than the first.  In fact, I almost didn’t get out in time as I was reading about the demise of NPR and MPBN broadcasting here in Washington County.  They had to make cuts and they chose the least populated areas to cut I guess.  A sign of the times around here.  The Unobskey School (a local college) is on the way out too as the government pares more jobs.  At least we don’t have to worry much about private industry.  That was driven out of here long ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

I enjoyed the run,sorry about the economy.

12/19/2008 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home