Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sort of appreciating the plan today

With just three miles on the schedule today and a day of rest yesterday, I’m feeling rather rested.  The groin was sore yesterday after Sunday’s 17 miler.  So a day off was handy.  And today, I slept right up to the alarm at 5am so I must have been tired.  But I am looking forward to tomorrow’s longer run.

 

Felt ok today (no soreness).  Did 5k @ 8:58 pace in 50 degrees.  Having to log these shorter runs really highlights just how slowly I begin a workout.  All my other workouts begin the same way but the average pace gets better as the miles progress.  These short runs are over before I even get going.

4 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

3 miles hardly even seems getting dressed up for but that's what I'll be borrowing from your plan for the morning. Long/short, slow/fast, hard/easy, I like it.

12/16/2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

50 degrees? WTG! It's freaking 32 in the mornings here!

12/17/2008 2:30 AM  
Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Way to stick to your plan. You're good at formulating a plan and then following it yet maintaining flexibility. I like your comment on my blog regarding the lightning striking me-funny.

12/17/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Great Balls of Fire! Why didn't I think of that?

I should give you the raw material and let you compose my posts!

12/17/2008 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home