Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week 3 of 15

A good 2 1/2 hour run with Mike finished out another good training week. We ran exactly the same pace as last week. 17.7 miles.

The deer flies were an issue about 5 miles out from the finish. Mike had a swarm over his head but I didn't mention it.

The run started off cool but I think it warmed up pretty quickly as I felt the need for water more often during the run and when I got home my clothes were drenched.

A good training week overall this week. I got in 3 harder workouts: Tues, Thurs and Sat. Each one a little different than the other.

Tues: 7.8 miles @ 6:28 pace
Thurs: progression w/7 @ 7:15 then 8 @ 6:45.
Sat: 13 minutes of pickups

The rest of the mileage was easy.

Next week will see a small bump in the mileage as the long run increases by 15 minutes and my Tues through Fri workouts see a 15 minute increase in time as well. However, the hard portions will remain the same so we're talking about additional easy running. I will probably get a little over 80 miles.

Last 3 week totals: 72.3, 75.8, 75.7.

1 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Thanks for letting the flies have me instead of you. Must be the sweet smell of gatorade sweat that attracts them. Great run that felt like only 90 minutes at most.

7/13/2008 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home