Saturday, March 25, 2006

Week Roundup

While I posted this morning about resting and relaxing I did end up getting my two workouts in. The first, a 3 mile recovery run in 26:39 to get the blood flowing after sitting around all morning. After the run, we quickly headed out to the Moosehorn for a short hike and then to the Weather Spotter training. The Weather Spotter training was 2 hours longer than I thought it would be so I ended up getting home late afternoon. Instead of heading out for my LT workout, I chopped wood and hung around the house. I figured I'd done enough etc. etc. and could afford not going.

Then I read Mike's post about doing the right thing in terms of training. It inspired me to go out after supper and put in some more miles and a few 1/2 mile repeats at threshold pace to finish off the week. I am glad I did. I feel great physically, feel great mentally, and overall happy to have my two in for today. So Mike, thanks for the kick.

Week's training: 110.7 miles. The breakdown:

Recovery 31.6 miles - 29%
Aerobic 54.6 miles - 49%
Long 23.0 miles - 21%
Tempo 1.5 miles - 1%

Looking forward to the slow drop in mileage and perhaps a good feel as to what the real "race pace" will end up being.

2 Comments:

Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Congratulations on a terrific week of running. Nothing beats relaxing at home on a Saturday morning.

3/26/2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Great job getting the work in. Note that while you got your 110, I ended up getting detained and missing my long run, which stuck me at a measly 88 for the week and my first missed day since August! I probably should have kept my mouth shut. I'm glad you got in your long run, even though it left you incapacitated!

3/28/2006 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home