Friday, March 17, 2006

A Pleasant Friday Run

Not only did I take it easy, get up on time, have some tea and a bagel prior to going out, and bask in the bright sunshine, I finally met up with Eric again at mile 2. Therefore, the bulk of the run was in conversation. Eric and I have had different running schedules for a few months now and I was glad to see him running up the strip at the airport just as I was about to cross it. Good running partners sure make what could have been a dull 2 hours, fly by in no time flat. By the time we dropped him off at his house, I had just 43 minutes left in my workout. Another 5.2 mile lap, and I was done.

I usually dread the Friday run due to its length and placement in the week. Having resolved to run as easily as needed helped me out physically and probably psychologically. It's labeled a "low aerobic" run but I run it just below the zone if necessary to keep the peace with my body. Today's average was about 63% maxHR instead of 70%. But benefits accrued anyway and I was able to pick up the pace for a brisk downhill last mile.

I didn't sleep well last night due to incredibly detailed dreams - and to make it worse, they were about work. I awoke a little before my alarm clock and got up anyway. I'd rather be tired than risk working in my sleep.

13.8 miles in 1:59:16 or an 8:38 pace.

At noontime, I got out for my lunch run. Only this time it was my recovery workout instead of the core workout. Did 6 easy on the river trail in 55:52 or a 9:19 pace. Felt good after 1 mile as the blood flow to the legs brought the healing power of the recovery run.

Tomorrow, I meet up with Marc. It will be good to run with him again!

Training so far this week: 103.1 miles.

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Yes, I *hate* those incredibly detailed dreams about work, I get them sometimes, like not even sleeping.

3/17/2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

What you write about working in your sleep is true. It is far better to get out of bed and get on with it. Incredible mileage Andrew!

3/18/2006 3:06 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Amazing miles Andrew! Good luck with your Bangor run and say hi to Marc for us. All this talk of work reminds me of my dreams last night ;-(

3/18/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Andrew, your attention to detail in your training must be influencing your dreams. Very impressive miles and long runs, it's awesome to see you progressing this way. Can't wait for some of these "in-between" marathons".

3/21/2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home