Saturday, April 04, 2009

Flood, run, party, nap, run.

I was up late last night transfering liquid nature from the basement back into the wild. I stayed ahead of it this time. My neighbor wasn't so lucky and had to have an industrial pump drain the the swimming pool that he keeps his furnace in.

I got up a little late but got out for a nice workout at the airport:

2/3/4/5/6/7/6mins with 1:1 jog recovery per segment. Pace was up tempo but nothing drastic. This fell under the category of training aerobic capacity. A warmup preceeded and a cooldown ended the workout. Right hamstring didn't like the last one so I toned it down.

~8 miles up tempo + ~3 miles w/u & c/d for ~11 total.

When I came home, I found my eldest busy in the craft room making jewelry:



After a shower and quick breakfast, it was then to Meg's birthday party at the rock climbing wall at a local community college. Some photos below:















After the party, a nap. And after the nap, a 5 mile recovery run.

Now to see what Mike has cooked up for tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. V. said...

Rock walls are so cool. I can't believe a recovery run AFTER a nap.

4/05/2009 10:31 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!

4/05/2009 11:28 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Happy Birthday Meg! I like your stories that your dad passes on! We had fun today too!

4/05/2009 12:13 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

That's a great venue for a birthday party!

4/05/2009 3:26 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Meg!

4/05/2009 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home