Sunday, October 05, 2008

A little bit better

This Sunday's run was better than the last Boyden Run two weeks ago. I was able to keep up this time due to actually running all week - albeit at a reduced volume.

Looks like PEI is on after all. Commander Mike issued orders countermanding my plan. I now have two options. Race fast, crash, and cross the line in a fireball (possible DNF) -or- race easily and experience the grueling slow drip death as each individual muscle fails one at a time in a race that doesn't end. Either way I'd be done running about the same time. Decisions decisions.

Two weeks ago it took 2:22 to make the 17 mile loop. This week it took 2:18 and I felt better. But I still had to take a nap as soon as I got home - just like the good old days when Marc and I started up this foolishness. I'm glad Mike will be driving back from PEI as I'll be sleeping, no doubt.

The week ended with 47 miles. Next week I plan on 49.

6 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

It's better to burn out then to fade away.

Good to hear the run was better. Ahhh, nothing like a nap after going long.

10/05/2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Nap??? With the Honey Dew List on my plate there was no stopping on this side of the line. Great run today!

10/05/2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Hang in there. You're not alone with the running doldrums.

To make us feel better, I propose a bet for our marathon weekend: Whoever has the slowest time wins. Up for grabs.. perhaps a six-pack from a local microbrew?

10/05/2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger MB said...

GO PEI!

10/05/2008 7:20 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

You could always pace Marc to a BQ in PEI, you know.

10/05/2008 11:18 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Ah yes, Mike can be very convincing. If it weren't for my struggling with injuries this year, I'd be there too. *sigh*

I like Jamie's comment "slowest time wins". The prize would be mine...lol.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Despite the low mileage for running it's still been a busy year.

10/07/2008 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home