Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Robin Long Run

Flocks of robins heralding Spring were a sight for sore eyes this morning. Jon, Ozzie, and I found ourselves taken with the sight of the robins flitting and fluttering about in orinthological pandemonium. Mike certainly would have taken a picture. What with his beloved St. Andrews across the bay in the distance and the wild worm eating birds in the foreground going nutty after a long journey. But Mike is away and we missed him terribly. In fact, when we finished Jon remarked how he was thinking about Mike's chocolate balls.

We ran about the same pace as last week but it felt a little faster. 2:57 was our time. I think we may have run an additional .2 miles but since nobody had a Garmin we weren't sure. The additional quarter of a mile would have come from running to Ozzie's house to drop him off.

My heart rate was lower this week than last which I was glad to see. Also I was two pounds lighter than last week. All in the right direction.

Reading update (last updated 2/29):
1. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Laurie Rigler. Ok if you know all Austen's books. (I do.)
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling. Good but felt like written for the screen.
3. This is Reading - Frank Jennings. Ok in parts. Tedious in others.
4. By Order of the President - W.E.B. Griffin. Brain candy.

And finally, another version of yesterday's video of Ryan Hall winning the Olympic Trials Marathon.



And again...

1 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

I missed a photo op??! Darn those birds. I'm enjoying my chocolate in peace and quiet and it's all for me! Good run guys.

4/06/2008 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home