Saturday, March 22, 2008

Long Alone

Since it's Easter tomorrow I ran my 20 in town today. Four laps of a 5 mile course, I felt pretty good throughout. I tried to keep the pace at or below 8 min/mile for each lap. The hilly nature of the course kept my heart rate pretty high - that and my reduced fitness from weeks of struggle.

The wind was whipping out of the northwest but luckily I wasn't in the headwind for any length of time at once. On the other hand, I wasn't out of the wind for any length of time either.

One of the nice things about running a little faster than I normally would for a long run is it can shorten the time of the run significantly. And being done sooner fit the bill today as it was rather chilly.

I took yesterday off as the lack of sleep caught up with me and I needed a full night's rest. That made today's run that much easier as I felt rested. Not a bad week shaping up considering my recent wallowing. Hopefully this is the corner and I've turned it.

20 miles @ 7:41 pace 159 HR.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grellan said...

That what I call a very solid run - great pace, especially with hills.

3/22/2008 3:15 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Will that north wind ever stop blowing? Great run!

3/22/2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Well done on the 20!

Oh that wind!

I too hope this is your corner, just mind to take it easy as you round it lest you end up in a ditch.

Happy Easter!

3/22/2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

That's some great pace for a 20 miler. Didn't you use to run the slower on purpose? Well Done!

3/23/2008 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home