Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Goodbye Moon

During the first mile I was jogging through a blanket of moonlight through the graveyard and smiling at my good fortune. But by mile two the top of the moon was lopped off. and by mile six, only the bottom sliver was left giving me a lunar smile. A pleasant 6 mile warm up during the lunar eclipse.

Then like the surface of a cold darkened moon my run turned bleak... The dreaded quarter mile repeats were upon me.

Even so, they weren't so bad. I tempered my enthusiasm in the early sets allowing me to get some volume (10 x 400). A short cool down and my two hours were up.

12.86 miles. Avg HR 139.

3 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I am like that moon, being eclipsed by you and Mike...got to get on the horse soon or I'll be laying in bed at the hotel when the gun goes off.

We need to get together for some runs!

8/28/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Full moon is obscured and your run turns bleak? I wonder if you're also allergic to silver. :-) I admire those who can get up early on regular basis for their workouts. Nice job.

8/28/2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger Brian Robert said...

Goodnight moon, goodnight cow jumping over the moon, good picture and the red baloon...it reminded me of the book I read with my son everynight. Oh yeah, good run.

8/28/2007 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home