Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Love to Run (or how the weather affects my mood)

Such a nice day for running! I didn't get out this morning but easily found time today at lunch. Did 9 miles in 1:06:43 under overcast skies, in cool temps, and accompanied by a slight breeze. Above me, the trees showed their bare tops as I tread on the recently fallen leaves. The river was high, the tide was in and a blue heron made a majestic exit as I approached his resting spot.

The taper is upon me. It is fortunately coinciding with a little trouble I had after I got back from Minnesota. The sinus infection really sapped me of energy and I have had a most difficult time getting back on the roads. Sleep as been the order of the day and while I know I am smart to obey nature's doctor, it ruins a good run of runs. So I slept. Each morning I've been stocking up on the zzzz's in hopes of dipping into the bank of them after Marc and I conquer Cape Cod.

What I'd like to do is run consistently. I read other's blogs and find consistency everywhere. But you won't find it here. The devil - I'm gonna have it. Ever get inspired by another runner? I do all the time - and not the superstars but those that I come across in the daily read of running blogs. You'll find grit, inspiration, determination, speed, fun, and laughs in the running community. A good place to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I love reading other blogs. Some for enjoyment and some for inspiration.

Good luck with the weather over there.

10/25/2005 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home