Sunday, May 03, 2009

Another good weekend

Yesterday, I got in a nice 75 minute progression run. Felt good.

Today, Mike and I ran in the Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge this morning. I got there a little early and ran 25 minutes, then we ran the next 1:35 together. ~ 14 miles or so. It was nice to run on dirt roads the entire time. I only ran into a little trouble with the feet on some of the rockier parts. My flimsy shoes aren't made for that sort of thing.

The Moosehorn has everything a runner could need. There's a clean bathroom, water fountain, Dunkin' Donuts nearby for afterward, and even law enforcement protection. In fact, poor Mike almost got arrested by a gun-toting mama who strode up to us just as we finished to grill him about his new car. The car is so new that he hadn't had time to put a license plate on the car. Tsk tsk. I had to talk her down by explaining that Mike was Canadian. She relented and let him go.

Mike was still high off the Boston Marathon. Absolutely powering through the woods like a steamroller. It was a faster pace than I was prepared for and I could feel it in the various parts. I got all the dirt on Thomas and his appetite and the gritty details of the marathon. But, alas, that may have been Mike's last Boston. It sounds like his coach is putting her foot down. She wants a trip. So it might be California for Mike. Personally, I don't see how this is going to work. What with Marc and I and all the gear, there might not be room for her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Whoa! You didn't waste any time getting home today did you? Thanks for the run and sticking up for me with the law enforcement lady. Do you think she's a runner?

5/03/2009 11:50 AM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

I'm so confused with the Carmel link!! Is Donald the one you ran with or Love2Run?

See...it must be Sunday.

Heh.

5/03/2009 8:05 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I could tell some dirt about Mike in return, but I'm not that kind of guy.

5/05/2009 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home