Friday, March 07, 2008

A little commiseration goes a long way

The continuous winter storms raging through the area has left very brief periods of clear running and lots of opportunities for staying home. The commute has never been so bad and the roads are now chewed up beyond recognition. I can't take this alone.

So I called Marc.

He's in the same boat. Working hard, running daily, then it just all falls apart like asphalt frozen over for 18th time. We sympathized with each other and took heart that at some point, some day, maybe next week, this will all stop.

The effect was I got up and took advantage of this morning's window of clear skies to run 7 miles. My heart rate tells on me but as long as I can slow the slide and ride out this Winter That Will Not Die.

Tonight: Becoming cloudy with rain
Saturday:
Rain and freezing rain
Saturday Night: rain...freezing rain and snow

Sunday: Snow likely

7 miles @ 7:19 pace. 158 HR.

3 Comments:

Blogger Garry said...

That weather sucks! Weather out west has been great, but I am not gloating yet as I see in the long range that there is some snow.

3/07/2008 8:20 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

At least today was a decent day but the weekend is crap. I'll be staying home (again).

3/07/2008 5:41 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Bears have got this winter thing worked out...I think next winter I'll do the same.

3/09/2008 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home