Sunday, January 01, 2006

Two Week Recovery Over

A 17 mile run with good company is a great way to start off the new year. 17 miles in 2:23:27, we ran around Boyden's Lake with a little extra mileage to make up the difference. This capped the end of two weeks I had assigned myself to recover from hitting my limit two weekends ago.

Week 1 of recovery consisted of 3 miles per day for 21 miles. Week 2 consisted of 2 x 5 miles, a 3, today's 17. Embedded was 3 rest days that served to wind the year down.

The good news: all the soreness, knee issue, leg issues etc. have disappeared. Like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer, if felt good to stop.

The bad news: Running shouldn't feel good to stop. Therefore, a reassessment is underway.

The good news: I bought a heart rate monitor to help with achieve my goals.

The bad news: I still haven't figured out what I am going to do. Hmmm.

Sorry for the gap in posting to the blog. As I mentioned before, no blogging is usually a sign of no running. While not completely true, it is hard to get excited about commenting on 3 miles. In fact, it takes longer to put on the running gear than it does to actually complete the run.

I will think on my re-assessment and report back tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Its cool that you & Mike get out and run together. I bought a Forerunner 301 yesterday so I can do the heart rate thingy and maybe improve my running.

Have a great 2006.

1/01/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on continuing to figure out the art of high mileage running. If you ever figure it out let me know so I don't have to go through it all myself.

1/01/2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home