Monday, January 18, 2010

Where Mike gets profane

Mike had me in stitches about 8.5 miles into Sunday's 12 miler.

Jonathan, Mike, and I were doing the 12 mile loop at Boyden. Earlier in the run Jonathan was telling us about a movie he was watching with his young daughter. Seemed to be fairly clean when all of sudden the script writer inserted a certain shouted four letter word. Jon was telling us that he was unprepared for this - sitting there with his little girl - as the movie didn't give any indication that this was to occur. So the three of us discussed the topic a little further and then moved on to other things.

But a few miles later (at the 8.5 mile marker) Jonathan and I looked back and there was Mike - walking and looking intently at his Garmin. So we stopped.

Mike walked up to us, looked at me and said, "I've only run 6.5 miles."
I looked at Jon.
Jon looked at Mike.
Mike looked at both of us.

Then he yelled, "I'm F^$*@@!"

It was pretty funny. We had no warning and I was chuckling the rest of the run.

Saturday was 3 miles with Eric for recovery. And today was a double. 20 miles @ 7:41 pace in the morning and 4 @ 9:37 pace in the evening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

I don't believe it! Mike's a true gentleman ;)

Bet the movie wasn't Meet the Fockers.

1/19/2010 5:45 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

wasn't it not that long ago you were mostly not-running? and now you are doing a double including a 20 miler?

sounds like i need to ditch this 10%-mileage business!

1/19/2010 8:41 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I'm not exactly the best example of proper training except that I have found even with my mistakes each cycle builds on the next. If I can time things right I'll be ok.

1/19/2010 8:59 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

I don't know where it came from, just slipped out when I realized that all those miles were for naught! Have a nice weekend in Strong and remember the balls were pre-counted!

1/21/2010 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home