Sunday, November 22, 2009

Choking on Mike's Memorable Musings

The final Maple Leaf has fallen from its perch.

Mike was in rare form today with one-liners that had me choking on my water. He claims I take him out of context... and that may be so. But these sudden comments, completely without preamble, had me laughing very hard:

At mile 7: "My wife wore me out yesterday."

At mile 8.5: "That dog reminds me of my daughter."

At mile 11.5: "I'm glad I kept my pants on."

I think we can blame the dental work he had done. It may be that the medicine is still wearing off - I'm not sure. But at least he enjoyed my chicken jokes that I told in honor of Ewen.

12 miles @ 9:30 pace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

It's hard to keep ahead of you on the e-front and now I've got some major explaining to do! Great chicken jokes btw ;-)

11/22/2009 11:55 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Ha ha ha! The best conversations always seem to come about during runs.

11/22/2009 12:10 PM  
Blogger Trevor said...

It's quite funny to read this post along with Mike's corresponding post for the run. Glad you guys are enjoying this nice November we're having.

11/22/2009 7:45 PM  
Blogger Grellan said...

Read Mikes post first. Glad your post was there to clarify matters.

11/23/2009 5:26 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

He was lucky at mile 7, in dangerous territory at mile 8.5, and I'm glad I don't run more than 10 miles!

Now I'm off to take the piss out of you on Mike's blog!

11/24/2009 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home