Thursday, October 21, 2004

Recovery Day 4 (Much better)

Thank goodness this sore throat is subsiding. Man, I do not like being sick. Slight lingering but nothing that a little Vicks can't help. Got a much better sleep last night as well.

Would you know it? The legs are feeling great! Amazing difference from just 2 days ago. I was reading others blogs about how recent marathoners were back to running etc. and I just couldn't see the end of my own soreness. Then like it never happened, no pain! Well - almost no pain. Like I was telling Marc today at lunch (we went for pasta down to Bernardini's) now that the quads have stopped screaming, I can hear the knees, feet, and other joints "talking" about their recent ordeal. Both of us talked about how we were "bounding" up & down stairs and how exciting it was! Are we foolish or what? Also, I had to run to post office to catch the mail. No problem. There, life is getting back to normal.

However, in deference to the knees, feet, and other minor complainers, I intend to take the entire week off. The first scheduled run is for Tuesday - a 3 miler on the river trail. I am not certain if I will keep the daily mileage at 3 all next week or if I might increase it gently as the week wears on. Either way, it is a recovery week and that will take any precedence over enthusiasm.

I am excited about getting back into training - especially as I am developing a plan for Boston (no acceptance email yet). The first 6 weeks will be base mileage building. However, as I have a pretty good base now, I am looking forward to getting my miles "up there" without injury. This is like playing a balancing act.

So, with no lingering damage from MDI, the future looks bright. Since I started this blog, I have met some very nice fellow bloggers. I would like to provide a link to their blogs (and I will) but I have to get a little more comfortable with this blogging program so it doesn't take me half the night to do it!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since they make you join Blogger to comment and we have our own blogs set up at Complete Running, I will just give you my URL and remain anonomous to blooger.com

http://completerunning.com/running-blog-aaron/

Congrats on your recovery

10/22/2004 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home